The Journey Begins

Got back from my first day, and HOLY, had to absorb so much information already. I'm intimidated, but still excited to apply everything I know to the real world, and of course, learn a whole lot more. I arrived around work a bit early, so I tried to find a coffee place using Google Maps. It told me there was a Starbucks, so I trek there, and got super confused, because there were all these gates and a sign that said 'Employees Only,' and I just thought, "What? Employees of what?"  Since when did Starbucks have private locations? Turns out (at least according to Foursquare), it was on the DreamWorks Campus located in their commissary, but I also get access with my Disney ID! Score! And regardless, there's a nice coffee bar in my workplace too!

I don't want to say too much about what goes on at work, just in case, but it was an eventful, albeit already hard day. I met a fair amount of people, and of course, everyone was super friendly and seemed ready to help with any issues. My work space is pretty sweet, and I'm actually using a MacBook (connected to a nice big monitor) here, since that's what everyone on my team uses. So much to get used to!

Sign outside my building.

Some introductory information and my ID card.

One of the commissaries.

I wanted to take more pictures of the coffee bar and my work space, but then I would've felt a bit uncomfortable because the entire office is pretty open, and I didn't want people to think I was weird, haha.

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.