Traditions and Disneyland

Ah, sorry it's been a while! Mostly because the past weekend was super packed, so bear with me here. On Friday, I had 'Traditions' at Disneyland, which every Disney employee (a.k.a. 'Cast Member) must take. During orientation, we discussed the past, present, and future of Disney, and its core values. I felt really dorky, but it was pretty inspiring realizing how many lives Disney touches. For some, Disney really is the happiest place on Earth,  where dreams come true, and it takes a dedicated cast to make that happen. As was noted, "We create happiness."

Traditions also included a tour of Disneyland! I was the only one who had never been to Disneyland, so while everyone else was paying attention to our mentor talking about the ways Disney "maintains the show," I was geeking out behind them when characters walked by and taking pictures of the park secretly. At the very end of orientation, we got our badges! Though I won't really be wearing it since I'm not at the park,  I was a wee bit sad they put Anaheim instead of New York, since the other interns and I were last minute additions. But I'm still pumped I have one!

Name badge!

Cinderella's castle.

Fountain at Toon Town.

After everything, I went with another intern, Michael, to an advance preview of Cars Land for cast members (strictly prohibited from taking pictures)! The land was absolutely phenomenal, though we only managed to go on one out of three rides available since Traditions ended super late (around 4 PM), and our tickets were only valid to explore between 1 PM and 5 PM. Still, we got to stay in the park, and saw the Fantasia Light & Water Show at around 9 PM. By that time, my phone was about to die so I didn't get to take any pictures. Bummer!

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.