On Being Alone

Quite a few people have asked me what it's like being alone all summer, and really, I don't mind it that much. I guess the fact that I don't have Fourth of July plans is a bit depressing, but oh well, already saw fireworks at Disneyland anyway, haha. But in reality, it's not like I have exorbitant amounts of time to contemplate the state of affairs; I work 9 to 6, get home around 7, go running, and then by the time I'm done showering, I have an hour or two to kill before bed. And that time is easily filled with any combination of: 1) writing on this blog, 2) plodding through this Programming Apps for iPhones class, 3) reading, 4) watching TV, or 5) other derpy things.

It has been nice though that I've been able to hang out with co-workers, and see people like Joon and friends from CMU. Like today, a lot of people in my office space went out to lunch together at the Granville Cafe since one of the women on another team was about to go on maternity leave. There was also my team's decompression today, where we chose to go to Golden Road, which was an excellent brewery that opened recently down the road from the office.

Also not completely alone with my desk buddies! 

Uptown Mac n' Cheese from Granville Cafe.

And when all else fails (and probably what I will do tomorrow), sleep is always nice.

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.